Sunday, October 21, 2012

Where does the day go in our homeschooling home?



                       


Hi my name is Misty and I am a wife, mother, teacher, and student.  You might say “Wow you have a heavy load”. It’s true though I do have a lot on my plate but I take it day by day. Our days are so busy and I am nearly falling asleep at the dinner table each night. Although it’s a lot going on I do try to and look at the way life and time flies by. Time goes by way to fast to miss a beat. This is what I live by when homeschooling. Top priority is our children’s education. Some days we take a break, because life is so full and try to do something exciting. It’s important to remember your children will only be small for a short period of time. Enjoying every day with them is a blessing. They might fight and want to misbehave a lot of the time. That’s just sibling love! Now, don’t get me wrong I am stressed on some days. Who am I kidding most days I am stressed. I do make the best of it though, because one day I want each of them to look back and actually say they enjoyed their childhood. That they loved being home-schooled and who knows maybe they might want to do the same with their children.

Our school years start with picking out backpacks they want and school clothes. Not to different from the public school system. Then we load up on school supplies and order curriculum's to be sent to our home. When the school year begins I try and have our days planned out for the most part. I try and be somewhat organized but some days we have to change the path of the day all together. We take our schooling days, day by day. I do let them sleep in some but not past 10am. I will wake them up any time after 10am, but most of the time they are up by 9am. I do think rest is good but not when it’s excessive. Then our days start with the ole breakfast, and then it’s time to get cracking in the books. But right after I lay my 18month old daughter down for a nap. Then I take turns reading and teaching from their language arts, Math, Science, History, and Bible books for roughly 2-4 hours on a good day.

The day is then left for chores and any running errands if I need to. We do have our field trip days but overall those are our days. Some days we do arts and crafts and that’s it. Some days we just sit and read and then maybe even watch a movie together and that’s it. If the day is starting off rocky we just take it easy and do fun things. I want my kids to love learning. If you try and cram it all in then them will hate it. With that being said I do make sure they are on track with everything. We make up work if it is missed always. In between home-schooling I do have to keep up with my school work. I am in school part-time so if I know I will have a lot of school work due I add on more schooling for my girls the day before or after. Days are way too busy though. Some days I do feel like pulling my hair out, but hey it’s worth being bald to know I have done everything possible to make sure my girls have a well rounded education.

No comments:

Post a Comment